ShanniiWrites Forums

The truth about hospital food

I’m sure most of you have heard that hospital food sucks. Well, it depends on where you are, because when I was in the hospital, the food was pretty damn good. I had things like Mac and cheese(not Kraft) and others that I can’t remember. The desserts were good too. I had cream puffs one day! I was pretty happy with the food despite the circumstances of being in the hospital. @foodies, any thoughts on hospital food?

2 Likes

No, I’m not sure that hospital food in any country is any good.

1 Like

Honestly, the food where I was happened to be pretty good.

1 Like

i’m speaking here from my experience as both someone… familiar with long hospital stays and an extremely picky eater

my main issues with hospital food are that 1) it’s extremely bland, which is something that makes it harder to actually eat it and 2) you don’t get to choose what’s served to you, so if you’re a picky eater like me, you’d probably end up not eating over 50% of your meals some days

details of my last experience

i clearly remember on my last long-term hospital stay, i would only eat the jell-o some days, because i couldn’t stand anything else (which let me tell you, did NOT help my condition back then), and some days i wouldn’t even touch the jell-o because it was green jell-o and part of my pickiness includes not eating any green or artificially lemon flavoured sweet food
so i ended up losing 4 kilos in 2 weeks, it wasn’t fun

that said, hospital food is usually something that helps you get better, as nasty as it may be to eat it at times
i’d NEVER ask to eat hospital food, i hate hospitals enough as it is
but it is food that follows a balanced diet and helps your body keep going when it’s already struggling
in the end, when i was actually eating my meals (even if just thinking about what i had to put in my mouth makes me feel sick), i began getting better

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that happened to you, Cam. Guess I got lucky.

2 Likes

you probs did

2 Likes

Yeah. The food I had was honestly delicious.

1 Like

Me too, me too.

1 Like

What was it like?

1 Like

Honestly, it tasted homemade. Like, there was actually someone making it with care.

1 Like

Awwwww, that’s sooo sweet. How long were you in there?

1 Like

About a week.

1 Like

Least the food was good, in that case.

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

From what I remember. I was doped up on ketamine for a lot of it.

1 Like

BUGGER!

1 Like

Yeah. Breaking your pelvis hurts.

1 Like

I bet.

1 Like