I’m considering taking art commissions in the future after I’ve established a style and etc.
So for all artists who have taken/are taking commissions, here are a few questions I have:
- What are some good platforms for online transactions? (I’m familiar with Paypal and Ko-fi)
- How would you prevent and identify possible scammers?
- I know some artists have their customers pay 50% up front and some others 100% up front before they start. What’s your policy?
- Who usually requests your art? (Episode authors? Random people?)
- How do you calculate your pricing? Has it changed? What would be a good starting price range? Do you often have customers that try to negotiate?
- Any additional tips?
Thanks for the help!