Twilight Discussion

I’m sure most of you have heard of Twilight, either the books or the movies, both of which have gained a bit of a reputation. Of course, we’re focussing on the books. A lot of people hate them for their portrayal of vampires, the relationship between Bella Swan and Edward Cullen, and the characterization. Do you agree with any of these or have any reasons of your own? On the flip side, if you’re someone who likes them, what makes you like them?

4 Likes

I binge watched all the films one night last year so i honestly don’t remember much.
Although the love triangle with the wolf (forgot his name), Bella and Edward was annoying as I’m not a fan of love triangles.
I should rewatch it but i really can’t be bothered because I know I’ll get bored straight away.

This is a weird question but what the hell did Bella do when it was her time of the month? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Did she just have to stay from Edward for that week or what? lol

2 Likes

For a very long one I didn’t want to watch the movies or read the books because everyone around me said it’s bad, but when I finally watched it, I loved it and wanted to read the books.
It’s a good story if you don’t want to read something that makes you think too much. There are some questions that are open even after you’ve finished the books, but in general the story is okay.

The movie was so dead, I don’t think the actors had a lot to work with though since the book was absolute trash.

1 Like

You know what is cool

Obviously the movies are bad and Bella and Edwards relationship is unhealthy (because of the power dinamic) and also theres that weird cgi baby, but I did enjoy waching them ironically and making fun of them! Also, i feel like the quality of the movies went downhil when they tried to make twilight MORE than a common sh*tty romance. Like… imo the first movie was fine because it didn’t try to desperatley convince you that it wasnt a basic romance between a CoMoN gIrL tHaT wE cAn AlL rElaTe To and a CuTe VaMpIrE gUy. Overall its enjoyable as a joke, or something for younger teens to cry over and nothing else

Is anyone planning on reading Midnight Sun?