The year is 2103. After a series of brutal civil wars, as well as disastrous changes to the environment, the entire continent of Europe, is in shambles. Due to these wars, and the many diseases plaguing the world, the continent has lost over two billion people. The few who’ve survived aren’t expected to live for very long. People fear that this could be the end, and are feeling like there’s nothing they can do to stop this.
The world’s most prominent scientists have figured out a way to give the people of Europe a new chance. Sort of like pressing a “reset-button”.
A selection of people (ages 18-30) are gathered from all around the world. They are then placed in a tiny village called AURORA where they will start living. This village might look like any other village on earth: it has a school, a hospital, a mall, houses, parks, etc. But it’s entirely fake. It was built only to execute this experiment in, and is being watched by the scientists at all times.
The point of the experiment is, for the scientists to see whether or not it would be possible for these test subjects to create some kind of utopia in this village. Meaning, that they create a better society than the one humans have already destroyed. No wars, no death, no climate change - just happy, healthy, and educated parents and children.
That’s right, children. The main focus of this experiment is to make sure that this utopia stays intact. And bringing new humans into this society is the way to do that. This means, that every test subject gets placed with another subject of the opposite sex, in order for them to procreate. of course your characters will be able to not be straight, this is just the way the scientists have set it up, hoping the people will produce children
Each person also gets assigned a group they belong to, that will also tell them what their line of work in the village will be:
* The Carers - teachers, nurses, psychologists, etc.
* The Thinkers - doctors, architects, scientists, etc.
* The Labourers - operatives, lumberers, seamstresses, etc.
* The Courageous - police, firemen, guards, etc.
* The Plentiful - cashiers, cleaners, drivers, etc.
So far this seems pretty straight-forward, right?
Well … it isn’t that easy.
You see, the test subjects don’t know that they’re part of this experiment.
The scientists have wiped their memories of their lives prior to this. Some of them might not even be in the village willingly.
All they know when they arrive in the village is their name, the name of their partner, the name of their home in the village, and the group they belong to.
Will you manage to create the utopia the scientists want you to, and reaffirm the faith in a new, flourishing society?
… Or will you discover what’s really happening to you?
Map of Aurora & information
- You are allowed to make big things happen (like revolutions, festivals, parties, etc.), but PLEASE contact me first to make sure that it doesn’t interfere with my plan for the RP!
- The whole goal of the pairings is, of course, to have children. But do not make your sex scenes descriptive!!
- Don’t godmod things without every user involved’s approval.
- Be active!
- I might add more rules as we go along …