Vampire Diaries vs Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Just out of curiosity… what do you guys think I better and why? I’ve never watched Buffy but I can’t imagine anything being better than Vampire Diaries. :laughing:

3 Likes

Vampire Diaries 100000000%

1 Like

Ayyyy

1 Like

haha im watching it rn its sooo good :joy:

1 Like

I’m on season 7 AND ITS SO SAD

I’ve never watched Buffy, but I love TVD! I’ve watched all the way through the series once, but I’m currently almost done with season 7 on rewatching it. Then I’ll rewatch The Originals. I’ve actually gone to see where TVD was filmed twice.

Dead gawd did u just assume that TVD is better than Buffy?? Assume it back!
Buffy is a cultural treasure filled with so many hidden and beautiful messages, and it’s a show that has heart and must be seen by every teen, especially ones who are kinda neglected by their parents and I’m drifting from the subject.
TVD is just a longer and much, much better Twilight version and it doesn’t matter which one came earlier. I watched both shows if you are interested.
Couldn’t finish TVD twice, around season 6 or 7 cause it gets sh*tty 🤷
Oh and finished Buffy at least 6 times from start to the last episode and cried, and laughed and sang (yes, there’s a musical episode and it’s amazing) every single time.
I rest my case.

2 Likes

TVD 1 word: Damon

3 Likes

Vampire diaries- yk me
its all i talk about :innocent:

1 Like

Every person that says that TVD is better than Buffy was born after 1997

Facts.

3 Likes

Ooop. Honestly, they are both pretty good and both are filled with about 101 plot holes. But I definitely suggest watching both if you have time as Buffy is a classic.

I love the musical episode! When @ChaoticDeluge told me there was a musical episode, I thought it was gonna be stupid, but nope! It fits in with the story so well it’s amazing!

2 Likes

I also wanna say: Buffy made massive strides for women in fantasy and LGBTQ+ characters, and it did it without being super obvious or annoying about it. TVD, years later, didn’t have an LGBTQ+ couple as one of the main relationships in the show! Although I hate the whole “gay now” thing because Willow is clearly bi, it was an important milestone in progressive TV

1 Like

I have no desire to watch the vampire diaries but if it just does the whole 'sexy vampire" thing then I’m not into it. Buffy on the other hand is amazing!

1 Like

Never watched The vampire Diaries, but have watched every single episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, repeatedly, more times than I can even count. It a one of those shows that you never stop finding more depth in, and more hidden messages. It’s an amazing show, and I highly recommend it to everyone who has never seen it. It’s just grade A quality television, and stands on its own in many ways of originality.

(And I am really rather upset that they are doing a modern remake, they never live up to the original, and when something is this good, any new version can only tank in comparison.)

2 Likes

The one thing I think I can say about Buffy that TVD just doesn’t have going for it.

I never lost interest in Buffy

Also, TVD has a handful of villains that recur over the course of the whole show, You’d think that makes them more interesting in the long run, but because they need arcs just as rounded as the rest of the cast, it makes them way less threatening than Buffy villains like Angelous or Glory. And also somehow less interesting than Buffy villains like Spike

3 Likes

I’ve seen all of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and I’ve seen a lot of it multiple times. I think I tried to watch some of the Vampire Diaries, but I just couldn’t get into the show. Everyone should definitely watch some of Buffy because it was an incredibly influential show.

I’ve never seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I also have mixed feelings about TVD, I like it but I prefer The Originals!

1 Like

Both are so good.

Fun fact: The filming location for “New Orleans“ in The Originals (everything on the streets), was filmed on one street about 20 minutes away from the town where TVD and Legacies is filmed.