Weirdest ways to promote a story

Promoting can be difficult and often there are so many people promoting their stories the same way so nobody notices your story. But if your way of promoting is different, it will stand out and if it’s weird, people will talk about it! So we should talk about weird ways to promote a story :smile_cat:

What are the weirdest ways to promote a story?
Did you ever try it or see it somewhere?
Would you look at a story that’s promoted that way?

5 Likes

i’ve never understood people who try and promote their stories literally everywhere

i’m not sure about anything that i’ve seen that’s actually super weird, though :thinking:

probably not, i never really see them when i want to find something new to read

1 Like

On a complete random platform.

No.

No.

1 Like

Not sure about stories, but the greatest promotion I ever came across would be British Airways. For some reason they were using bananas as some branding thang, It was therefore decided to send a rah-rah letter to each of their valued customers … along with a banana. In a plastic tube. Via snail mail. Well, you can probably guess at the feedback subsequently received from people returning from a lovely break, only to find rotting fruit on their doormat courtesy of their previous favourite airline …

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it done like this before, but I can only imagine advertising your story via billboard would be weird.

1 Like

Other weird way that I’ve seen someone promoting their story is through a popular writer’s story’s comments. They ask the writer to read their story and promote it but they really need readers. I was like, um… ok.

1 Like