What anime shows have you watched/currently watching?

I don’t like the fanbase who think it’s meant to be a romance- :eyes:

:thinking: I’ll never understand that, personally. I feel the manga shows a very slow-paced and undoubtedly intriguing story in arguably the blandest way. When I read a comic I want images and illustration, and the covers are gorgeous, but then the actual pages are mostly text. Why not make novels at that point >.<

Whereas the anime is grand, bombastic and dramatic. I love it

1 Like

Yea omfg it’s not a bl it’s literally psychological horror- they were not meant to be together romantically whatsoever. Definitely not a romance

1 Like

YUP, but a large portion of the fanbase do not see it as horror :smiley:

1 Like

Exactly and thats a problem lmao it was very clear that both characters had severe issues and their “relationship” was purely abusive- the main friggin character was a serial killer lmaoooo

1 Like

I can’t help but admit there must be some level of an issue with the original text if thousands of people literally read it as the wrong genre >.< But yeah I’ll continue to blame Tumblr

1 Like

I think somewhere one of the publishers said translation got fudged but I can’t remember where I saw that :pensive:

1 Like

I would believe that, that’s the case for most manhwa.

Anyways to get back on topic, I also can’t wait for the next season of the Rising of the Shield Hero either :eyes:

1 Like

Woahh, I’m guessing you’ve watched hundreds of anime shows, or maybe 1000 if that is possible lol. :eyes: I haven’t read any mangas yet, but I’m planning on reading Tokyo Ghoul manga soon and I also heard Berserk manga is also really good.

1 Like

Probably reaching 1000 I’d imagine :thinking: I’ve definitely watched around or more than 15-20,000 episodes of anime.

The Tokyo Ghoul manga is absolutely gorgeous. I don’t enjoy the story, or characters, or setting :joy: Or lore, but the art is delicious. Although, uh. I literally can’t recommend Berserk because of forum guidelines, but if you do decide to check it out, it has a rough start so major trigger warning for. Literally anything and everything that could potentially trigger a person

1 Like

Woahh, I wonder how many episodes of anime you can watch in a day :flushed:

Ohh that’s interesting, I actually liked Tokyo Ghoul well at least in the anime season 1, but it started flopping after season 1 since it didn’t follow the manga correctly and made season 2 apparently not canon to the manga which made the anime more confusing. Ah I see then, I’ll see if it’s really that triggering if I do read it, but I agree that anything can potentially trigger someone.

1 Like

Theoretically close to 100 episodes :thinking: So cut that down bu roughly half for sleep, another little bit for breaks. I’d say like 40? But yeah, theoretically 100.

Yeah, I do agree with that on Tokyo Ghoul, most people agree the second season is weird and bad :joy:

And what I meant with Berserk is that the Golden Age Arc does everything that could trigger a person. Trigger in very reasonable ways, because it’s just really rough. And (I know this is sacriledge) it’s not actually the best implemented as far as the writing goes

1 Like

40 episodes?! Bruh I can’t even finish 5 episodes of anime shows sometimes for a day, but that is a lot. And 100 episodes theoretically?! :flushed:

Yeah the vibe though was very interesting, like in season 1, it wasn’t really that dark until season 2 came a long and it felt very different lol. But writing wise, it wasn’t really good, only season 1. Season 3 is when it really flopped since it just left people in confusion, I mean I wasn’t really as confused as most of the people who dislikes the anime but the anime should’ve followed the manga properly. Tokyo Ghoul deserves a remake where it actually follows the manga.

Ah I see then, the manga must definitely above R-rated then lol, but I’ll keep that in mind.

Here are the ones I’m currently watching right now at the same time:

• Attack on Titan
  • Boku no Hero Academia
  • Kakegurui
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • Nanatsu no Taizai

Oo okay it’s not many but I always wanna make it bigger!

• Tokyo Ghoul (watched)
  • Death Note (watched)
  • Demon Slayer (watched)
  • Akame Ga Kill (Watching)
  • Kakeguri (watched)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (watched)
  • Seven Deadly Sins (watched)
  • My Hero Academia (watched)
  • Konosuba (watching)
  • One Punch Man (watched)
  • Angel Beats (didn’t continue)
  • Asterisk War (watched)
  • Deadman Wonderland (watched)
  • Konosuba (watching)
  • Mob Psycho 100 (watched)
  • Noragami (watching)
  • Vampire Knight (watched)

In terms of movies:

• Demon Slayer: Mugen Train (watched)
  • Spirited Away (watched)
  • Howls Moving Castle (need to finish)
  • Kiki’s Delivery Service (need to finish)
  • The first 2 mha movies (watched)

Yes and where it isn’t animated like a slideshow with a voiceover :joy::joy:

It looked pretty because they managed to keep the artstyle but unfortunately that meant sacrificing good animation in Tokyo Ghoul:Re which was sadtimes.

1 Like

Hang in there.

Ok, now we can add Your Lie in April to the list of watched. Beautiful anime, but I’m NEVER doing that again.

Has anybody watched the latest episode of Attack on Titan yet?

1 Like

Nope. Honestly, I only watched the first season. I got caught up in other anime. I just finished Tokyo Ghoul, and am now watching No Game, No Life. It’s basically SAO on crack.

1 Like

Oh my god you should watch the rest of it. It’s really worth the hype in my opinion.

What’s SAO

1 Like