What are some REALLY bad stories you have read?

(not to throw shade just wanna know)

2 Likes

Moved to writing discussion, added discussion and opinion tags

Ever read unexpectedly expecting?

2 Likes

Yes!
I never read it though bc i dont like pregnacy stories

3 Likes

I read it because people were saying how bad it is, it’s really bad :joy:

3 Likes

It Starts With a Bra-

5 Likes

This book- called inkheart or something like that, tried to read a few pages and just couldn’t get through it! The villians had super bad lines which really threw me off and it just wasn’t my thing.

1 Like

not counting internet stuff I read, but only actuall books I have only ever read two books I hated. (not counting school books)

one is a book from my own country called den ydmyg amulet ( the humble amulet) it had won an Orla award( its an award for kids/teen books)

and 13 reason why

so what does this have in common, with both books I was told to read them because I loved another book, you love Harry Potter you will love den udmyg amulet, a story where they spend 200 pages trying to find an amulet the mane charatere had from the start and then on the last page it dispare,

You will love 13 reason why, because you love kære dødsbog (dear death diary) another Danish book, which is a comody following a girl who is going to comit suacide in two weeks, where she just f things up and take revnge, and most importently dosent die in the end,

dont tell people to read books because they liked another it properly will be the reason they hate it, it was for me

3 Likes

Really, what comes to mind here is a lot of Episode stories. Far too often, they have no redeeming qualities and are just lazy.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m thinking of a lot of episode stories too. Most of them are badly written and made just for reads. However, stories I had to read for school also come to mind, like the boring ones from 1700 from authors with outdated views :grinning::gun:

1 Like

They’re always so blatantly racist and sexist :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve seen a racist story, but sexist ones really bother me. All the female characters ever think about is gEtTiNg A MAn :star_struck::gun:

1 Like

You can just feel the sexism radiating off some of those stories :roll_eyes:

1 Like