What are strategies you like and/or dislike to use to promote your story?

Some of us have different methods as to how we go about promoting our stories. Whether it be through offering read for reads or just simply posting on your social media that you just published a certain amount of chapters of your story. Although, there are some strategies that are not really effective and may cause readers to distance themselves and not read your stories.

• What are strategies you like to use to promote your story?
  • What strategies you dislike?

opens ig dm

HELLO PLEASE READ MY STORY AND TELL ME HOW IT IS IT WOULD MAKE MY DAY THANK YOU

1 Like

Lol. I’ve never asked anyone. Maybe why not many people have read it. I guess I’m just letting people stumble upon it. I don’t know how to promote and am worried I’ll be rude.

1 Like

relatable

1 Like

Whaaaa- no!
It’ll not be rude!

1 Like

So…How should I?

1 Like

Idk… stalk and reply on the ‘promote your story by…’ threads

Get to know the characters posts, out-of-context screenshots, ‘talk about your story’ types of threads, requesting a review.

Mass PMing people, sliding into some random person’s DMs to say ‘Can you read my story?’, promoting it on some random thread where no one is even asking for recommendations, read for reads where they just post screenshots but don’t give feedback.

1 Like

honestly i just throw the link on twitter and write a sentence about it or so
and then i share the link with different discord servers

also i like making pretty “cards” (i guess you could call them title cards?) an attach them to the tweet but that’s only when i have the energy to do so

as others said: direct messages
(“Cam you just said you sent your stuff in discord servers” well yes but those servers have a space that’s meant for you to share your stuff y’know)
also being sent the story without context

1 Like