What are your writing habits?

My writing habits happen when I’m in mood to write. I tend to write more at night then during the daytime. I also prefer listening to music while I write. It helps me focus on what I’m doing. Though the amount I write depends on how long I feel inspired for. It can be as little as a paragraph all to the way of many pages. I tend to write sloppy technically then I go back through to proofread what needs fixing. What I mean by sloppy is that it still flows together but I have to tweak the piece to make it flow correctly. I tend to proofread during the daytime which is another reason I do not write during the day. Also, another reason why my staff tasks are done at night for each week.

What are your writing habits? What makes those habits happen?

@Writers

5 Likes

Procastrinating. Depression and perfectionism :rofl:

6 Likes

This. ^^^ Agreed.

4 Likes

I loose interest fast because of lack of motivation.
But I love my ideas
Music inspired me the most and clothing
Or my daydreams

2 Likes

This. All of this.

1 Like

I usually have random burst of motivation from time to time that lasts between 10- minutes to an hour

1 Like

When I have motivation honestly and I procrastinate ALL THE TIME

2 Likes

Same here

1 Like

This perfectly describes me. And researching things for my story, only to fall down a rabbit hole and read about something completely unrelated.

1 Like

I do this too…

1 Like

Like, last time I was reading about how a character should keep a dark secret from their loved one (in this context, her husband), and then I ended up somehow reading about… Xena, the warrior princess? (I really like that show. Also, bisexual representation!)

1 Like

That is definitely two different topics for sure!

1 Like

Wildly different. Still trying to figure out how to write it, lol

1 Like

Lol nice! Hope you do get some inspiration!

1 Like

Thanks. Perhaps I oughtta consult you. :eyes:

1 Like

You can if you want to!

1 Like

Ok!

1 Like