What do you like/dislike about your country?🦋

• Do you like the country you live in?
  • what do you like about it?
  • what do you dislike about it?

I personally mostly don’t like it for many many reasons that are too many for my tired brain to explain now but I might later, but there’s also plus sides to it it’s not all bad I guess

What about you?

@Discussions

10 Likes

Dislike ;

University fees

The eliteism that comes from private school.

“Royal or MP” school like Harrow in London

UK is my home

3 Likes

I like the weather
I don’t like the bumpy roads

2 Likes

not particularly

the food here is ok, but not spicy enough

Trump lol

3 Likes

I like it, it’s not ideal but it’s not a living hell either.
I dislike a lot of things and redacting them would take me years :star_struck:
I like how going to the doctor hospital is public (you don’t have to pay, except for a few things) the weather, the food, there are a lot of fun things to do and it has a lot of different activities to do like in the northern part you can see snow and at the southern part you could be at a ideal beach surfing.

3 Likes

I like everything but most of the people, the trash, the government and let’s not forget — fanta fanatic. :sunglasses:

The weather, the food. New England is very beautiful. :eyes:

I also like how diverse our imports are, we get so much stuff from all around the world which other states don’t. It’s weird, I know but I love it since finding thai drinks isn’t difficult at all. :joy:

• The people (New yorkers especially])
  • How religious those people are (it’s scary)
  • The trash
  • Cheese dip sponge.
4 Likes

Oh yes and I forgot

EXPENSIVE A$S HEALTHCARE

2 Likes

Nature and culture, yes. Living situation and everything else, NO.

Nature and culture, that’s all!

Everything else. Literally. Starting with politic and the future of this generation. There is no future lol

1 Like

Nope.

I don’t like anything, tbh.

Pretty much everything I dislike.

2 Likes

Yes, for the most part, but not everything.

The climate, the food, the people I’m close with.

The government. Crime. The public school system is awful. It’s hard finding things that are available in the US and other parts of the world, at least in my city. Major cities probably have a lot more things… including but not limited to: art supplies, cooking ingredients, makeup and hair products, food…

1 Like
  • Do you like the country you live in?

Yeah, I mean it isn’t that bad.

1. what do you like about it?
  • Culture
  • Food
  • Historical Sites
  • Beaches
  • Resorts
  • Diversity (I mean we do have Chinese, Americans, Haitians, etc. living over here)
  1. what do you dislike about it?
  • Government
  • Crime
  • Hurricanes
  • Frogs, Snakes, Centipedes.
  • HEAT
  • People (now we do have crazy people over here, and I don’t like them. There are some good people in our country; and there are some that are just BLEH.
  • Expensive Prices
  • Pollution
1 Like

Do you like the country you live in?

I like it fine, just don’t wanna live in it at this point in my life.

what do you like about it?

It’s such a beautiful and friendly country, that’s almost untouched in parts.

what do you dislike about it?

It’s too far away and expensive.

2 Likes

Ewwwwwwww

1 Like

That’s one thing I don’t miss about living in Trinidad. :woozy_face:

1 Like

I guess I am just fine with it. Not really loving it or not really hating it :sweat_smile:

Hmmm… FOOD! :laughing:
As well as diversity (culture, languages, clothings), tropical islands, low cost food and groceries (exclude the prices charged in the capital :sweat_smile:), some historical places with evidence of some ancient civilisation (I loved history before :joy:), and we are safe from volcanic eruptions :sweat_smile:

Haze!!! And climate (we dont have the typical 4 season), some govt issues, some unfair treatment according to ethnicity , some underdeveloped towns etc… it gets quite complicated :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I live in the United States!!

I love its size and diversity. We have the desert, the tundra, the plains, many different types of forests, and so many other biomes all in one nation. We also have so many people from so many places all over the world, which creates such a wonderful melting pot. I also love the good parts of its history, like the fact that we’re the birthplace of so many iconic music genres like rock ‘n’ roll and hip-hop. Lastly I’m a huge fan of the whole Americana aesthetic - you know, the suburbia/apple pie on the 4th of july/bald eagles and freedom stuff.

There’s a few things I hate, but one of them is that most Americans, even the ones that hate America, don’t really realize how badly we’ve screwed up so many other countries. A lot of us just focus on the domestic front of what’s happening here at home, and because of that we’ve allowed our politicians on both sides of the aisle to get away with staging coups, bombing cities, and committing other atrocities.

1 Like

Worst parts are expensive healthcare and university

1 Like

This is a bit of a tough topic: My country doesn’t like me. It made a point of rubbing it in my face ever since I was a child. It’s really hard to like a country when it doesn’t return the favour.

Food, I guess? I mean, our raw foodstuffs are amazing. Cuisine, not so much :sweat_smile:

I’m really, really blessed to have access to basic rights which are unreasonably treated as privileges elsewhere in the world. Public healthcare, free education (including university), safe streets. It’s the kind of thing a lot of people can’t take for granted.

I don’t even know where to start and I feel I’d break down into a long, bitter rant, so… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

F*ck yeah
Exactly

1 Like

People here are stupid so we’re back on lockdown :sunglasses: gotta love it here (not)

2 Likes