What food did you think you didn’t like just because your parents didn’t cook it right?

Well, I’ve never had pork anywhere else, but it’s probably that. Her pork tenderloin…isn’t. Also, scones. Grandma…they’re too dryyyyyy! @foodies?

2 Likes

I will say, scones are meant to be dry

You’re supposed to put butter and/or jam on top to soften them up

2 Likes

These suck ALL the moisture out of your mouth.

1 Like

Broccoli.
My mom overcooks broccoli, and only puts lemon juice, olive oil, and salt on it, so I didn’t like broccoli until I learned how to cook it myself.

1 Like

Not to brag, but I think my mom’s a really good cook. But there have been times when I didn’t like some stuff made by her that much, only because someone else within my family makes them better, like Patisapta, and Mango Chutney :blush:

Definitely Mac’n Cheese! I’ve had delicious Mac’n Cheese before, but to be fair I’m not too fond of it the way most people make it. The cheese really has to be in a liquid or almost liquid state for me to like it, whenever my mom makes it, it just seems like noodles in a block of cheese… My brother LOVES it (It’s like the only thing he eats!) but I can’t stand it.

1 Like

You poor thing. My mom makes the best Mac and cheese. In fact, I’ll ask her to make it.

1 Like

That is pilaf! My mum had no idea how to cook it in the right way. But I was in Kyrgyzstan I realised how tasty is it!

1 Like

I used to hate it too.