What motivates you to write?

There are many different things that motivate people to write. Maybe it’s just getting views or likes on your story. Others find feedback and comments on their story very motivating. Some even find the motivation to write in just really enjoying their own story!

What is it that motivates you to write?

3 Likes

Reading other people’s stories :eyes:

3 Likes

Having a clear goal/idea in mind. Having writers block would usually stop me from writing for a couple of days. Also being focused and not getting too many hate comments.

3 Likes

Just having a story to tell, I guess. I don’t write just for the sake of being a writer, I do it because I love creating characters and expressing their experiences.

1 Like

Just my imaginations and the urge to share them are all :eyes: mostly, it also gets hyped up when I listen or observe certain things

1 Like
  • Reading other people’s stories
  • Films and TV shows
  • Music
  • Locations that I have visited
  • Personal experiences
  • Hobbies & interests
1 Like

Oh, I don’t know… I write because I feel like it. There’s nothing that motivates me, I think

1 Like

For a lot of different reasons.
For my one story I’ve been trying to write for years now: I love the story I’ve built in my head and want to translate it to media someway. I also really want to write the romance aspect of it. I think about it over and over, every single day. I don’t seem to do much writing tho lol.
I have some ideas for my other stories… but those are usually short stories. They’re weird and I think that’s definitely one of the reasons I keep writing them. Also to have something finished because they are short.
If I’m having writers block it usually means that something in the story isn’t working, or I just don’t want to write. I’m a pantser, so sometimes its really hard for me to find a clear rhythm I want my story to go by, I like fleshing out ideas as I write and that doesn’t always work so I need to step back and reflect. My ideas are always changing about what I want to do about the piece. That’s usually for bigger stories tho. For short stories I usually start with a few ideas, flesh them out as I go but it isn’t as chaotic as longer stories because again- they’re short and I can finish them.
It’s especially hard for Episode. I have to code, and then I get a new idea of how I want to portray a scene, but I don’t yet have the backgrounds/overlays for it, then when I make them, I end up changing my mind!

1 Like

I guess when a new story idea pops up and it only happens while I’m resting most of the times. :sweat_smile:

1 Like