Look, I know that I have mentioned about writing a high school a million times already, but after like months of taking a break from it (with it also being near a 1-year anniversary of having my drafts out), I realized that I didn’t want to abandon it, even after leaving the Episode forums and their app. However, I decided to change a few things:
- The amount of characters (main and side)
- The ethnicity of one of the characters
- How the beginning of the story goes
- The story title
And even with these changes, the lack of energy and school is preventing me from going on to revise my story for the third time and plan better, and I hate it. I thought writing would be fun for me to do (to try it as a new hobby), but I’m like—how you would say—being drawn away from what I used to love doing. The feeling of writing my high school story was exciting at first—not only did I feel like I was in a new world, but I also grew to love what I created, but I feel like if I developed them a little better and gave a better plotline, I could love my characters and story even more! But the more I think about it, the more I realize that I have no idea how to make a high school story fun to read, no matter how many high school stories I have used to read on Episode or how many high school movies I have watched. And so, in conclusion, I need help.
- What is something new or something that you would like to see more in high school stories? Anything less?
- How can you utilize such a great plot or regular (character or setting) idea?
- How long do you think a high school story should be?
- What are some great character development ideas?