What's the worst thing that's happened to you on your birthday?

I’ve had some not-so-good stuff happen to me on my birthday a few times, for example:

• This year, my birthday was two weeks into quarantine so I didn’t see a single person that day, we still didn’t have real time classes on Meet like now so I couldn’t even see my students, and I didn’t have cake or presents. :sob: :sob:

• One year (I can’t remember when but I think it was some time between 2015-2018) I had a cold on my birthday and went to the doctor that day. :sob:

• When I turned 14 or 15, I invited my best friend over for a sleepover, but I woke up hungry in the middle of the night and ate some frozen breaded vegetables straight from the freezer. I woke up feeling nauseated and I got sick. (Why would anyone eat THAT??? I still wonder.)

3 Likes

Well for starters I was born,

But also when I was like 8-10 I had a birthday party and threw up in the middle of it

3 Likes

I think I had tonsilitis one year :thinking:

2 Likes

My mom accidentally messed up my cake one year, still tasted ok, and I ended up eating plain hotdogs(no bun)and potato salad for dinner because no one was home. I think this was when I turned eighteen.

2 Likes

I honestly didn’t mind, though.

I had a pretty terrible birthday this year but let’s not get into that-

1 Like

One year, there was a tornado on my birthday…

1 Like

Every birthday from ages 8-10? Damn. That’s rough, was it the cake?

1 Like

On my 21st birthday pretty much no one I invited showed up, despite saying they’d be there, and then I had a booger hanging from my nose and no one told me about it…it was a homeless man I gave 5 dollars to who finally told me. -_-
I forgot my phone at the restaurant me and my friend had dinner at, and the other friend I invited ended up ditching me because she wanted to go to a party.
It was my first experience at a nightclub, and it just was all around a bad night.
I could keep listing things that happened but it’s just depressing. lol
Haven’t been to a club since, and it’s been quite a few years now.

My best friend was the only one who came, so I guess he proved he’s my best friend. <3

My birthdays have been more lowkey since then, and I prefer it that way.

1 Like

No I just don’t remember which one it was :joy:

I almost had a cancer examination on my last b-day, but it got rescheduled because corona. Thank God, it’s a painful, stressful and humiliating affair Y__Y

Other than that, it has to be doing a clinical diagnosis internship with a psychotic patient. No offence to the poor lady (she was doing really fine, I hope she’s okay these days), but not exactly the kind of celebration I had in mind :smiley:

1 Like

That actually sounds really cool!

1 Like

Ugh well on my birthday this guy drink that he became agressive and started fighting with friend and even my grandpa heard it(who was sleeping in his house and we were outside celebrating) ,but he went home then,other than that is was fine birthday :woman_shrugging: :smile:

1 Like

There’s were two

One year I lost my voice on my bday and on another my sister had a parents evening the same day and was moody af because I wanted to do stuff

1 Like

This year on my birthday my parents gave a first ever surprise by inviting my ex best friend secretly and after that lockdown happened and some serious stuff happened between me and her bc of which we broke up so basically my birthday was the last day of our meeting and happiness together and I didn’t even knew it would be last and obviously we’ll never meet or talk to each other again in future

1 Like

Wow

1 Like

I was born

2 Likes

Same

I ended up walking alone through a museum because my friends were all too busy hanging out together and I felt really lonely :sweat_smile:

@Discussions What’s the worst thing that has happened to you on your birthday?

1 Like

Twice now, a few days before my birthday, my cat has passed away.

2 Likes