Which piece of writing are you proud of?

Which one piece of writing or which story are you most proud of?
Why are you most proud of that one and not anything else you’ve written?

For me it’s definitely the screenplay I’ve written, because it’s finished and I let several people read it which normally never happens when I finish writing something. And I think parts of it are very well thought-out.

4 Likes

I want to read it!

For me it was a short story for an in class essay that I wrote. My teacher read it out loud to my class which was embarrassing lol, but she read it because she liked it.

It was about a dog who had an abusive owner and at the end of the story the dog ran away.

I was quite young when I wrote it but I drew inspiration from people who used to sit outside my window on a bench and be loud lol. Haven’t seen them in a while. They probably weren’t horrible to their dogs but the character in the story was. It was all implicit from the dog’s perspective. The whole story was me describing different scents because I thought dogs used that sense a lot lol. It was quite heart warming. I also drew inspiration from a cat story where a family had a cat over the summer and then left their cat at their summer house when they went back to the city. Oh I also got inspired by “My life as a dog” and the Laika stuff.

I started with the end which was kind of cool. I remember that the setting was a park I used to play in.

6 Likes

You can’t, it’s in German :joy:

3 Likes

Google translate?

2 Likes

We both know that it doesn’t work as good as it should :sweat_smile:
But I’ll translate it during the summer holidays

4 Likes

I wrote this story for some writing contest my mom told me about that I never entered, but I’m really proud of the story I wrote. Since I had missed the deadline for the contest, I just kept continuing it and now it’s 27 pages long.

4 Likes

That would be amazing! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wrote a story called A Face In the Glass. It’s not perfect but it’s finished and I’m proud of that.

3 Likes

It was the article I submitted for the school newspaper. It was one of the things I worked very hard on even though I didn’t come first (came second and some annoying karen came 1st) I was still very proud of it

2 Likes

Lately I’m getting a bit proud of my new story because I’ve spent a lot of time on it already. I’m not sure if it’s the one I’m most proud of now, but it gets very close.

What about everyone else? What writing are you proud of?

2 Likes

In my literature class we had to write 4 essays every year and we would have random topics; something about life, about a book we’ve read… One time we had an option of writing about friendships and having someone in our lives and I was really lonely and down at that time so I picked that one.
I remember just sitting in the back of the class literally sobbing as I was writing, and I hated writing (only for that class!) but it felt so therapeutic. I was so proud of it once it was done and I got the best grade.

1 Like

I’m proud of the story that I’m working on called Breaking boundaries

1 Like

My new novel. It just feels right to me and all the brutal changes I’ve made I’ve actually made things flow well and make things less difficult for the reader. The fact that my editor doesn’t sugarcoat anything for me makes things a while lot better.

1 Like

I’m proud of Miss Understood, The Write Team (my new story), and a couple of stories I wrote in Spanish about eight years ago.

2 Likes