Why Harry Potter Time Travel Isn't Great From a Writer's POV - ShanniiWrites

That’s right! I got two out today! Let’s see if you can learn from Rowling’s mistakes and become a better writer.

16 Likes

Greetings Shannii. Are you doing ok since the art contest fiasco?

3 Likes

Getting there >.< I’m just gonna focus on the blog for a little while! Thanks for asking!

6 Likes

Of course.

3 Likes

Currently reading!

secretly rants to self about the un-proper way of time travel

5 Likes

reads it like the up-and-coming writer I am

5 Likes

I love the detail you have gone into, as per normal, babe. You’ve gone into showing the good points along with the bad. A great read, thank you for this. (wink)

6 Likes

“However, it’s much more about how Rowling treats her own time travel laws as a writer. I would say that she is pretty disdainful of the whole thing! She doesn’t give it anywhere near the same love and care that she does the idea of horcruxes.”

:skull:

Loving the article Shannii!

6 Likes

I’m not gonna read the blog because I don’t wanna ruin the books. I haven’t read them yet

1 Like

When are you planning to read them?

1 Like

Loved the article. The detail you put into it and the points you gave were wonderful. Thanks for this article :wink:

2 Likes

When I’ve jazzed them up

1 Like

I’ve never paid much attention to time traveling in HP. It was just another random thing but reading this I’ve realised I don’t like it at all. In my opinion it was super random and it would’ve been great, like you’ve mentioned, to see them find another way to save Sirious. I also don’t like how it was just a one time thing! We’ve seen it only in Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban and that’s it, no one mentioned it again.

5 Likes