Why You Should Think About Your Magic System - ShanniiWrites

Magic systems take time and effort to get right. Here’s why you should think about yours before you dive into your story!

12 Likes

Sooo excited for this! I’ll read it when I get home :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yayy! Let me know what you think :3

2 Likes

Yes! Don’t mess up the magic systems. That’s one thing that I find weird with the Fantastic Beast series. The spells seem to be more powerful and flashier lol. It’s like there is less magic in Harry Potter. :mage:t2:‍♂

I will be writing a blog post on how to write good limitations for your magic systems very soon, so watch out for that!

Awesome :heart_eyes:

The Rastafarian Targaryen :sunglasses: What I love with GoT is that people don’t believe in magic anymore, they’re just tales they tell their children and that’s what we’re doing today. There are hints of magic, especially north beyond the wall. Love the suspense with the white walkers. Very disappointing to not get any information about who they were, hopefully the books reveals a bit more. They new how to build up but there were never a reveal :joy:

Brandon Sanderson :heart_eyes: I love the shardblades, gemstones, stormlight and Pattern and Syl. I read one of the books a year ago so I can’t remember everything lol, but the magic system is easy to follow.

LotR’s soft magic system is wonderful. But it does raise some questions :joy: At least from the movies, I haven’t read all Tolkien’s work so I still wonder why they just didn’t take the eagles :eagle: It’s wonderful and magic though!

Oh the setup was wonderfully done with Captain America being able to yield Mjölner in End Game :heart_eyes:

Love extrapolation! I’ll try to use that in the the stories I’m writing… which is none at the moment.

Ohhh, yesss, magic in the world will change the “real world”. I love the questions! Super good to answer when you’re working out your magic system.

Eng Lit class

:joy::laughing:

1 Like

Super informative! I may come back to this if I ever write a fantasy story

2 Likes

I would love to read it! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

And I wanna read yours! :smile:

1 Like

If I ever get to writing :mage:t2:‍♂

1 Like

Lol, procrastinating? :eyes:

1 Like

Exhaustion :joy:

1 Like

Now why is that relatable?

1 Like

Very important for Fantasy stories! Definitely going to use it on my Wattpad Story! ;3

2 Likes