Would you promote a bad story if you get paid for it?

Tbh, I think that it would depend on how much I’d get paid and on why I consider the story bad. But I’d probably agree to promote it in most cases unless the story is the worst story I’ve ever read or I dislike the message it sends to its readers. :eyes::sparkles:

How about you?
Would you promote a bad story if you get paid for it?

2 Likes

If the story sucked then no, when promoting something effectively people need to trust your recommendations or they just…won’t read it :joy:

2 Likes

If it had a bad meaning or something, then no, but other than that, your girl is broke af

1 Like

Personally, no. But I’d never offer paid promo and I wouldn’t take money “under the table” to promote someone’s story. Actually, I think that would be worse than obvious paid promo because people would legitimately think I liked and endorsed the story haha.

If paid promo was one of my income streams then yeah, I guess I’d promote anything as long as it wasn’t harmful.

I’ve seen a similar thing with people on Youtube and sponsorships. Sometimes companies pay creators to give an honest review of a product. If the story was bad, I’d say so and say that it was my opinion, but if the readers like something in the story that I might not like then I’d recommend it to those people. However, if the story is like racist or homophobic… no matter how much you pay me I’m not promoting it in any sense.

1 Like

Same! Or transphobic/ Biphobic and also Islamophobia I wouldn’t promote it no matter how much money you pay me!

1 Like