We often create characters that are similar to us in values, beliefs, likes/dislikes, and personality. But what do you do when it comes to writing a character that’s the total opposite of you? Is it hard to put yourself in that person’s shoes?
- Is your main character similar to you, or are you total opposites?
- Could you ever create a main character that likes music that you hate or has hobbies that you aren’t interested in whatsoever?
- Who do you usually base your characters on?
- Who’s more like you… the main character, the love interest, a side character, or no one at all?
- What tips do you have for writers who want to make a main character that is nothing like them?
- Is it okay when authors make their characters similar to them, or do you find it unoriginal or narcissistic?
- What do you have in common with your main character?
I’ll post my answers later.