We’re doing this! Again!
What are your writing goals for this year?
Here are some of mine:
- Possibly finish Deadly Nightshade, either complete most of it or all of it. Write it on other websites/apps too. Currently on episode 7
- Work on at least 2 of my other stories on Episode, probably Fairest of Them All (since it’s the most recent), and Perfection OR Queer: Flowers Have Thorns.
- Promote my stories on Instagram more often. With the new design/layout, it’s harder for me to navigate the app than it was a year ago.
- Possibly join another creator’s contest? I haven’t done any in a while, but my stories don’t even get that much recognition so there’s no point in doing them lol
- Completely rewrite Mysterious Northview, because I wanna try my hand at other genres, kinda, and because I actually enjoyed writing it. However I’ll definitely use some of the tips I’ve learned in the past 2(?) years to recreate this story. And I’m changing the title, as well as the cover.
- Finally publish the first chapter of the story I’d been working on over there since summer 2020
- Write at least 3 chapters
- Create that playlist
- Expand more on the plot
As a writer in general:
- Improve my dialogue - I suck at it.
- Possibly get better at character development? I mean my character development is pretty good, but not amazing
- Try other genres of stories, maybe.
- Start working on that one story I started based on “Forest of a Thousand Lanterns” about 3 years ago
- I kinda want to make Deadly Nightshade “big” - that is, possibly, someday, turn it into a TV show?
- Find more music, like instrumental music, for writing on Spotify and create a writing playlist there
- Procrastinate less
Most of these are long-term goals, but the goals you share can be either long-term or short-term!
@GeneralLeaders, please add the correct tags, thank youuuu!
at one point I went off the rails and started listing story ideas I wanted to write