Writing goals for 2023

Hey everyone!

I hope you are all well.

What are your writing goals for 2023?

Here are mine:

• I’m still working on my novel as I have made so many changes in 2022. It is no longer called His Temptress because the title wasn’t suitable for the genre of the story. It is now called A Taste Of Danger.
  • Write more poems for Thornology and get volume 1 published by the end of this year
  • Organise my characters for the current novel and the next novel I plan to write but the idea is on hold because I want to continue working on A Taste Of Danger

Anyway, that’s me. Let’s hear yours!!!

3 Likes

My writing goals:

• Publish my story for the Unexpected contest, UL: Can’t Be Broken. I’ve already finished coding the first three chapters, and I previewed it last night, so all I need to do is correct a few directing errors.
  • Continue and finish Wrapped Around Your Finger. I’ve been working on chapter 9 for the last few days, so I hope to have it ready by next weekend.
  • Convert There’s No Accounting for Taste into a book, and try to get it published.
3 Likes

Finish my artist research for school lol

2 Likes

@Writers, what are your goals for this year?

Added some tags!

1 Like
  • Publish at least 4 episodes of Deadly Nightshade this year. Continue it too
  • Get started on writing Fairest Of Them All (lmao people hated episode 3’s cliffhanger)
  • Try to be more consistent with my writing- write at least a few days a week
  • Possibly convert Deadly Nightshade into a novel and get it published (so I can make money lol)
  • Promote Deadly Nightshade more

That’s about it. You beat me to the thread though lol

1 Like

Most of my goals for writing are RP related, but overall I want to see myself get some writing done this year.

Rp-related writing
  • Actually get an SG up and running with at least 2 parts written (ideally my Final Destination SG)
  • Create more successful RPs (starting with The Selection and Castaways) At least, I hope they’ll be successful… :sweat:
  • Try to stay more caught up on replies…
  • Create an initial rough draft of a novelization of the Blue Royalty rp This is kinda rp related, but not at the same time :woman_shrugging:t2: cause Its the plot and characters and everything that happened in the rp, but I’m writing it out separate from the rp
Non-rp writing
  • Create an initial rough draft of at least one of my other story ideas
  • At least write a few scenes and world building for multiple of my other story ideas
  • Try to find a writing partner to help me actually take these ideas from just an idea to something more
1 Like

You got this, girl!
Hehe, I guess great minds think alike :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! I really hope I can achieve the first goal this year because I’m very inconsistent with my updates.

Yes indeed, great minds do think alike!

I feel you. Especially when work and studies get in the way. Not to mention writer’s block is a b**ch.

Reminds me, there is going to be a lot of spicy scenes in the novel I’m working on. Definitely not suitable for anyone under 18! :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper:

1 Like

Exactly!

Man oh man… sounds interesting! I’m looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hopefully, you’ve been able to make time for writing, gotta find something to get them creativity juices flowing.

Yes, lots of :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

1 Like

True! I’m still trying to find more motivation so i can finally finish my revamp of episode 2, then move on to episode 3, 4, and 5. Maybe 6.

:eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

i don’t have many concrete goals but i do hope to do these during the year:

• write a relay story with my friends
  • edit everything i’ve posted on AO3
  • start at least one of the longfics i’ve planned
  • collab with an artist i love

I feel you. You got this, girl!!

I know that look heheheheheheheheeheheheheh

1 Like